A life-long Haligonian (with a few spurts overseas), I’m living and working in Halifax and soaking up the east coast music scene at every opportunity (or as much as my wallet will allow).
What qualifies me to write about music? Nothing, really. But here’s some music-related trivia you might be interested to know about me…
- I went to the same high school as Sarah McLachlan. (RIP QEH)
- My Dad was formerly in a band call “The Banana Splats”. They were all the rage in St. John, New Brunswick in 1967. 2 of the members of the Banana Splats went on to form a band called April Wine.
- In grade 8 I won a radio contest for correctly naming the Top 9 at 9. The prize was a meet and greet with the Backstreet Boys. I wore a blue (velour) sweater because Brian’s favorite color was blue. Needless to say, it was one of the best days of my life and I remain forever grateful to C100.
- One of the best show I’ve been to (so far) was Chromeo playing at the Marquee (AKA: The Paragon). Fancy footwork indeed.
- I know all the words to the Mull River Shuffle
I want to talk about great artists putting out great music. Let’s get into it, shall we?
Find me on Twitter: @ljflemming